Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Week 7

Woah man! Sunday was crazy, between the 80's kickball theme and the intense matchups going down to the wire, it was hard to keep up! One thing I will say that sorta sucked about this past weekend, was that our sponsor bar wast turning us away in droves. They are soooo freaggin' lucky to have our patronage, its ridiculous! Anywho, onto the meat and potatoes of this weeks post!

Recaps:

Afternoon Delights 4 Dogballs 3: Dang, the dogballs are really busting outta their shell as of late (I wanted to make that sound so much dirtier than I did). Not bad, but unfortunately not good enough! Those sky-rockets in flight can only mean 2 things kids; either pop's getting a little midday action or the Afternoon Delights just threw another one in the win column (with thankfully the latter being more likely... I CANNOT take that mental imagery right now)! Speaking of pops, don't forget Father's Day is this Sunday, June 15th!
I Am McLovin 4 Drunkaroos 5: This matchup was closer than the democratic nomination, and WAY more interesting! Two tough opponents took the field this past Sunday, but only one got the win they deserved. Watch out for Drunkaroos, Vertigo, they mean business. As for McLovin, well it was a great showing on their part and they've got another difficult game this weekend against the Playground Bullies. Hopefully they gear up in time for that game!
Morningwood 4 Menace 2 Sobriety 2: Eww, very interesting. Well it looks like Morningwood is definitely still undefeated, but certainly not unbeatable. Especially when it comes to flip cup... Anyway, good effort by M2S, they've always come out ready to play this season, and they put up a good fight. As for Morningwood, well, your days are numbered my friends...
PODYatrists 12 Everlasting Gobstoppers 0: Now I heard the score was 14-0, but I'm going with Jeremiah's numbers on this one. Anywho, talk about a barn burner! Sheesh, maybe you guys should've enacted the mercy rule!? I mean its not like the EG's were gonna sneak a few past you when you got up by 10 runs! Tough break for Willy Wonka's wonderous candy creation, hopefully they can keep on truckin' and scrape something together before the end of the season. Although, I'd honestly just be happy to see one of 'em dress up like an Umpa Lumpa.
SF Natives 1 Bagpipers 0: What!? The bagpipers failed to make an appearance this weekend!? Shocker! Are you guys familiar with the sports expression, "the cardiac kids?" Well these cardiac kids were taken off life support a long time ago! C'mon BP's, I wanna see your dayglow green shirts flying all over the kickball diamond this weekend, don't let me down! That aside, congrats to the SF Natives for their styling outfits this past weekend! You guys rock!
Sleazy Bandeezee ? Sunkiss Our Balls 3: Speaking of styling outfits, I gotta give a big shot out to those crazy SOB's for putting together some killer getups. We had a psuedo Ted Nugent look-a-like, a Prom Queen, a Pat Benatar wannabe and wicked awesome material girl... Sleazy also had some fun with the theme of the week, they had a cool Richard Simmons groupie, and a stylin' MC Hammer pants fly girl. The game was a lot of fun too, and it definitely came down to the wire... But, I guess I had so much fun that I forgot what the score was, oh well... Sleazy look to close out their season on a high note against Afternoon Delight this weekend, whereas Sunkiss Our Balls face the tough task of taking down a giant in those pesky PODYatrists. Both matchups should be a lot of fun to watch!

Seventh Inning Stretch:

Gang, I'm hotter than a summer newlywed in a featherbed... Its all cause I'm a little torn up about something... Ya see, I write this here blog hoping that people will really dig it, not only dig it, but wanna be apart of it! You see, I can barely scrounge up enough material week to week because I don't get a lot of feedback from my target audience, YOU! I need you, your teammates and your captains to provide me with essential information each week for this blog/newsletter here to work like I planned.

Ideally I should have an inbox stocked full of Player of the Week nominations, suggestions for polls, recaps from games, the scoop on weekend bar crawls or parties, extra photo files or links to photos on the web from the past weekend (links work best), and quotes from the weekend. Oh, and don't forget you can also comment on all the blogs too, just keep it clean!

If you all could get off your high horses and help a brother out, I'd greatly appreciate it! I mean after all, if I've got time to spend drafting up an entire blog during my week, then I also probably have the time to sift through 30 e-mails and make it better! Keep that in mind going forward.

Also, a slightly on/off topic note here. I realize it seems like most of our newsletter is catering to teams or players that were around last season (which isn't entirely true), but that's only cause either;
A) they participate in everything we do (i.e. come to the games, go to the parties, hang out at Kezar for flipcup, etc.)
B) they're freaggin' pros at sucking up to me
C) they submit their suggestions/info to me each week
D) they're total train wrecks and therefore warrant being featured in our ridiculous photo(s) of the week on a regular basis

Keep that in mind if you wanna *shine* in our subsequent newsletters this season! Also, I expect everyone who's ANYONE to be at our END OF SEASON PARTY! Because I can pretty much GUARANTEE you that Scotty B. (and everyone else who's on facebook/myspace) will be snapping photos and we'll be getting closer on the dance floor then... Unless you're a guy, sorry fellas, I only likes the ladies! Basically its gonna be a raging party, and if you've been to any games this season then you arse belongs in that bar!

Pointless Predictions:

1. Dogballs topple the Drunkaroos and flush our whole league ranking system down the toilet.
2. Playground Bullies come out weak against McLovin, and McLovin violates 'em just like he did that girl in the movie... Very awkwardly.
3. Bagpipers don't show up on Sunday, and Morningwood loses in a mock up game. (Speaking of Morningwood, could you guys be anymore lame? half of you bailed after your game this weekend, real winners win on the field AND in the bar! Now get your acts together, you're making Dogballs look like all-stars!)
4. PODYatrists vs Sunkiss Our Balls goes into extra innings, eventually leading to a game of Rochambeau, which also goes on for extra innings, but by that time both teams end up too drunk to remember what's going on.
5. My "outta left field" prediction: wait, wasn't every single one of my predictions above outta left field? Hmm, well I gotta put something here. Kezar pub welcomes us back with open arms, and apologizes for raining on our parade this past weekend.
6. My "best bet" prediction: I get e-mails after this weekend's games with recaps, and player nominations from the same 3 people who have done that all season... Go to my room, turn off the lights, crank up Phantom Planet's "Lonely Day" and cry myself to asleep.

Poll of the Week:

With June 22nd being the Sunday after of our END OF THE SEASON PARTY and the final games of the regular season, I was thinking we should go all out and continue the party from the night before. So who's down for a big BBQ Part-tay in Golden Gate that Sunday (weather permitting)? If the weather is not cooperating we'll just have to go big at the bar!

This will certainly require LEAGUE WIDE cooperation, so bring your A-game (along with your portable grills, meat and beer) that Sunday, June 22nd!

Picture of the Week:


Prom Night 1989... And yes we totally did it!

Players of the Week:

Captains (or teammates) submit your Players of the Week to me (thefinalbunt@gmail.com)!

I need some of you real slackers to get your nominations in. It'd be great to have some people from Sleazy Bandeezee, I Am McLovin, Bagpipers, SF Natives, Afternoon Delights, Everlasting Gobstoppers and even Dogballs on here!

Ridiculous Photo of the Week:


80's in full effect y'all! SF Natives plus one crazy mofo.

Quick Kicks:

1. Don't forget about our END OF SEASON PARTY at 330 Ritch! I'll post more details soon!
2. Week 8 & Week 9 are the last two weeks of the regular season, Captains and players be sure you get your teams out there for your final games!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By the way, I've never been so uncomfortable in a garment in my life. But it was worth it! Or as I frequently like to say "How could something so wrong feel so right?" -Erica/"Prom Dress Girl"